Re: changes and standards documents

>> What about stuff like the Jargon File or FSF articles ?
>>

>The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that a separate
>distribution tag is appropriate.
>
>'immutable' - This tag is intended for documents which are freely
>distributable, but are not modifiable.  It may not be used for software,
>in any form, nor for technical documentation, but is intended for
>copyrighted documents such as emails or articles which are works of
>personal opinion, or descriptions of standard, or works of fiction, but
>are considered a valuable part of the debian distribution.
>
>Jules

But will this new distribution tag be an official part of Debian? currently
if it not in main, is not Debian, even if it can be included on the CDs.

Why sould things like the GNU manifesto or the Debian Social contract need
to be modifiable to be included in main?

I can understand the need to be able to modify software, technical docs,
even artwork. but things like memos, emails, essays, etc?

Adrián De León
al670154@mail.ur.mx