Re: changes and standards documents

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> wrote:
> 	I think that mutable strandards are an anathema: supporting a
>  plethora of modified almost standards dilutes the benefits of a
>  standard, the strength of a standard lies in the fact that *everyone*
>  follows the same document.

I agree absolutely.

I wasn't saying that standards should all be DFSG free.

I just don't want anything that isn't DFSG free in main.

If you dislike the fact that this means that certain standards documents are
not available on our CDs, then why don't we just create a new section, for
free but unchangeable stuff (``immutable'' say), with a status similar to
contrib (i.e. we put it on CDs)

Alternatively, why not just widen the brief of contrib, to allow for immutable
documentation to be included.

Including anything that is non-DFSG in main, means that people have to start
checking licences, before playing with the source --- a Bad Thing IMHO.

Cheers, Phil.