Re: Configuration management, revision 3

Martin Oldfield <m@mail.tc> wrote:
> configurations there I wonder ;*) More seriously I think an
> inheritance hierarchy is a better model.

Better than what?

Inheritance is a mess when you don't sit down and carefully design the
system ahead of time.  And, frankly, I don't think that providing a system
administration base for many systems, where we mostly aren't the folks
who write the software qualifies as "carefully designed ahead of time".

Then again, I've been wrong many times:  perhaps you could provide
some illustrations of the problems you think would be solved by
casting this information structure into an inheritance model?

--
Raul