Re: bug #23953 ae: postinst does not check for errors

Previously Dale Scheetz wrote:
> But I don't want it to fail, because there is no reason for it to do so,
> and this editor may very well be the only one on the system! Failure of
> the install for the trivial failure to register as "EDITOR" is
> unnecessary, and undesirable.

Dale, I think you are missing something. ae is already installed by
the boot-floppies. So the postinst is never run for the first install.

The only cases were the postinst is run is when someone upgrades ae
(and ae is already registered then as editor then) or when someone
deliberately removed it and is installing it. In both cases failing
is not a big problem.

Wichert.

E-Mail: wakkerma@wi.LeidenUniv.nl