Re: Locales and Programs parsing other's output

Manoj Srivastava writes ("Re: Locales and Programs parsing other's output"):
> 	I shall not be able to wqork on this over the weekend, but I
>  was planning on looking at the policy manual and gleaning stuff from
>  it. I intend ti have in the proposed manual things that are required
>  by policy (files in /tmp was one issue); but after listening to the
>  people on this list I also intend to have items not _required_ by
>  policy, but good ideas (tm) nevertheless )if we can reach a consensus
>  on what may constitute a good idea ;-)

I think it's a good idea to include suggestions as well as
requirements, but only if the suggestions are _almost always_
required, and in those cases they should be identified as such in the
text.

I also think you should try to avoid setting yourself the mammoth task
of writing a `complete' version of this document - instead, just
document things as they crop up.  This will inevitably make it a bit
of a ragbag manual, but I think that comes with the territory.

Ian.