Re: language for changelog

On Sat, Apr 18, 1998 at 11:21:31PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 18, 1998 at 04:45:37PM -0400, Michael Stone wrote:
>
> > > I don't think a changelog is intend to be visible for a few couple
> > > of people - native xxx speakers.
> > >
> > > Could we make it policy that the language in the package description
> > > and changelog has to be english?
> >
> > Umm, but the xcin package is a Chinese terminal for X. Maybe someone
> > didn't want to translate the changes into English? It seems to me that
> > anyone who would need to use the package would be able to read Chinese.
>
> Although I don't speak or read Chinese I want to be able to understnd
> the changes.  They may give good ideas for ones own packages - if
> one is able to understand them...

Okay, I'll try:  (I am probably wrong though)

... for xcin_2.3.02-3:

  * After starting in going=1 mode, using "Phrase Phonetic mode",
    if one does not select the words with a number and just press
    the [Space bar], there might be some abnormal behaviour (??)

  Patch from doggie:
  * Changed startf, cpg into global static variables.
  * Revised send_first, without saving to startf.cfg,
    at the same time checks the value of sel_pho in send_first
    to see whether it is in "phrase selection" or "character selection"
    mode.
  * Separated the reaction (? function?) of the space bar, up and down
    arrow keys.  They were originally written together (in the same
    function??), so there were tons of if loops and tend to induce
    other problems, such as the earlier problem where the word/selection
    page/up/down function wouldn't work in going_key=0 mode.

(I am not sure if I know what I am talking about.  It was a very rough
translation/paraphrase.  :-)

I had a more detailed English summary for xcin_2.3.02-2, so I am not going
to translate that again.)

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling        Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca     University of Alberta, Canada