Re: Locales and Programs parsing other's output

On Thu, Apr 16, 1998 at 06:36:28PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> >>"Marcus" == Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
>
> Marcus> Wow, I feel a document of high value and quality coming
> Marcus> up. This is my personal wishlist, as I'm truely an
> Marcus> unexperienced programmer:
>
> 	[SNIP]
>
> 	Whooee, that's some list. I think we do want to think about
>  the scope of this document; books have been written about software
>  techniques etc, and even then the topics mentioned are not covered in
>  any level of detail ;-)
>
> 	I shall have to think about how far do we go, and how to limit
>  the scope of this document. I do not think we can cover secure
>  programming, portable programming, introduction to common softeware
>  tools, historic bugs, I/O programming, and resource management in
>  something less bulky than the average dictionary.

Basically I was thinking of common (debian developer) maintainer tasks, e.g.
what he has commonly to correct. I know that you would need several hundred
pages to cover all the above things, and therefore it wasn't really meant
so.

I'll leave it up to people with more knowledge to decide and wait for the
first draft ;)

Marcus