libtool varying versions

Many of my packages contain shared libraries, and many of them use
their own versions of libtool.

These libtools, among other things, do not always link their shared
libraries dynamically; Gtk+ has just moved to a new version of
libtool which no longer links the shared libraries dynamically.

Do I remove the newer libtool from the upstream source and replace
it with the current libtool in the Debian distribution?

--
Brought to you by the letters Y and A and the number 12.
"Hello! We are only joke. It is funny enough." -- Orz, SCII