Re: xpm files

>>>>> On 16 Mar 1998 12:48:29 -0800, Ben Gertzfield <che@debian.org> said:

>>>>> "Mark" == Mark Baker <mbaker@iee.org> writes:
 Mark> Recently a lot of bugs have been filed against packages, saying
 Mark> that xpm files should be put in /usr/X11R6/include/pixmaps
 Mark> (IIRC).

 Mark> I think this is a bad idea. If a pixmap is intended for use
 Mark> internally by that application and is unlikely to be of use to
 Mark> anyone else, it shouldn't clutter up a global pixmaps
 Mark> directory. It seems to me that the only pixmaps that should be
 Mark> in there are those that are intended to be used by other
 Mark> programs or by users (as part of their window manager or
 Mark> desktop configuration).

 Ben> I agree. And this Michael Bramer has submitted this bug twice on
 Ben> the nethack package, and has ignored my requests for more
 Ben> information about the bug. It's time to close these bugs, or
 Ben> come up with some sort of policy (why, though?) about them.

Twice on xemacs as well.  I just closed mine.

Dres
--
@James LewisMoss <dres@dimensional.com> |  Blessed Be!
@    http://www.dimensional.com/~dres   |  Linux is cool!