Re: xpm files

    Mark> Recently a lot of bugs have been filed against packages,
    Mark> saying that xpm files should be put in
    Mark> /usr/X11R6/include/pixmaps (IIRC).

    Mark> I think this is a bad idea. If a pixmap is intended for use
    Mark> internally by that application and is unlikely to be of use
    Mark> to anyone else, it shouldn't clutter up a global pixmaps
    Mark> directory. It seems to me that the only pixmaps that should
    Mark> be in there are those that are intended to be used by other
    Mark> programs or by users (as part of their window manager or
    Mark> desktop configuration).

I agree. And this Michael Bramer has submitted this bug twice
on the nethack package, and has ignored my requests for more
information about the bug. It's time to close these bugs, or
come up with some sort of policy (why, though?) about them.

--
Brought to you by the letters P and O and the number 15.
"The spiraling shape will make you go insane!" -- They Might Be Giants