Re: Clarification of Policy and Packaging manuals requested

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	I think I disagree. Letting developers who can't write shell
> scripts can in no way be in the interests of the project, one of
> whose goals is *excellence*.

Sure it can.  It depends on what they're doing.  You don't have to be
a good shell programmer to work on the web pages, close bugs, write
man pages for GNU tools :>, etc, and not knowing how to write good
shell scripts is not IMO a good reason for exclusion *as long as* it's
coupled with a healthy understanding of your limitations, and a
willingness to ask questions on debian-mentor, debian-devel, or
wherever.  Granted, that may be a tall order, but it is possible.

> 	I do not wish to promote quantity at the expense of
> quality. If it is in Debian, it is a high quality product. I never
> want that diluted.

Absolutely.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>