Re: manpage for GNU utilities?

Point of information:

Chris> No commercial Unix vendor would say "Read our custom,
Chris> narrowly-supported documentation format since we can't be

IBM, AIX, "Info Explorer".  Not at all related to texinfo, but an
IBM-specific hypertext sort of system. "man" on those systems is
actually a front end to that which doesn't work particularly well, at
least under AIX 3.2.5 and earlier; not sure if 4.x still has it.

(man and info are *both* unspeakably primitive, but noone's asking me :-)