Re: manpage for GNU utilities?

On Feb 21, Christian Schwarz wrote:
> IMO, this is a policy violation. Especially, in the case of sort(1), where
> the info page is much more up-to-date than the manpage.

I'm with you on this... a man page is a lot more useful for general usage
than an Info page (I use man all of the time, while I only reluctantly pull
up Info).

IMHO, people should be shipping complete man pages; as a compromise, I'd be
willing to read HTML pages (where you have a decent choice of viewers)
instead of Info pages (lynx is a lot lighter-weight than emacs for reference
purposes).

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence         |   Want to know what's really happening?   |
|    <quango@ix.netcom.com>     |        http://www.memphiswatch.org/       |
|  Sr Political Science Major   |       Visit the Amiga Web Directory       |
|     University of Memphis     |      http://www.cucug.org/amiga.html      |