Re: Implementation of Developer's DB

I currently have about 5 different addresses that I publish for use in
the Debian project, about 8 that I publish for system administration
on my personal system, about 4 that I publish for personal use to
various people, and 2 that I use for my employment.  These addresses
filter to 4 different physical mailboxes owned by me and to others
owned by a number of other people.  (This is not counting the several
hundred mail-to-news gateways on my system, each of which has a
separate email address.)

I find this a very effective strategy for having my mail pre-sorted by
the sender automatically and without a great deal of thought on their
part.  It's much more effective and robust than attempting to use
procmail to do the same thing.

Furthermore, role addresses make it much easier to move responsibility
for tasks from one person or account to another without needing to
reeducate all one's correspondents.

Bottom line:

You _will not_ persuade me to abandon this.  If you make it mandated
policy that I only have one email address I shall simply ignore you.

Ian.