Re: Implementation of Developer's DB

Hi,
>>"Ian" == Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
[ description of [IMHO] idiotic mail scheme deleted]

Ian> Furthermore, role addresses make it much easier to move
Ian> responsibility for tasks from one person or account to another
Ian> without needing to reeducate all one's correspondents.

	This has nothing to do with the policy being discussed.

Ian> Bottom line:

Ian> You _will not_ persuade me to abandon this.  If you make it
Ian> mandated policy that I only have one email address I shall simply
Ian> ignore you.

	So, you are going to ignore proposed policy because you seem
 to be unable to handle simple mail handlig tasks the rest of the
 world has no problems with (have you looked at mailagent?), and
 rather than let automated tools handle disposition of mail, you want
 to pass the burden on to other people?

	I think this is an unacceptable response. You are essentially
 saying that anyone can violate policy as they wish.

	I did not expect this level of irresponsibility from a person
 whose other hat happens to be project leader (yes, I know they are
 separate hats, but it is the same head underneath them)

	manoj
 who may decide to violate the /usr/local and /var/libexec rules if it
 suits him too.
--
 "The time for action is past!  Now is the time for senseless
 bickering!" Ashleigh Brilliant