Re: Policy Weekly Issue #4/4: Announcing new packages before uploading them

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@datasync.com> writes:

> 	I do not quite understand the X-debian-Closes proposal. When
>  do I insert this header? into what?

This was put forward as one option.  What they were talking about was
an optional mail header that would be in the message making the
announcement, and would be picked up and processed by a smart list
handler.  See my header above for a silly example.  (You'll probably
have to hit 't' in GNUS to see it.  Don't know about other MUAs).

As I recall, any header that starts with X- is reserved by some RFC
for private use.

--
Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>