Re: font policy

> No, my package `xfntil2' deals with X fonts (it's X fonts package :-).

In that case, do exactly what xfnt100 and the like do, as far as
rerunning mkfontdir.   If you want to avoid dealing with getting the X
server to find the fonts (as for a game with only a few of them) I'd
recommend "cheating" and just installing them in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/misc
and running mkfontdir like xfnt*.postinst and postrm do.  Then you
don't have to worry about whether or not the user is running a font
server, for example...

If xfntil2 is the *only* font package not built out of the xfree
release, that would probably be a reasonable approach too.  Otherwise
we should probably come up with a font list config file (or just use
the one in XF86Config, but only if I write a tool to edit the lines,
don't try to edit them directly...)