Re: pocket pc

Yeah, with the PCMCIA sleeve for the 802.11 card, and the Stowaway
keyboard, it made a nice portable wireless SSH terminal at Usenix :-)
The sleeve makes it kind of huge, though.

ipaq@handhelds.org and familiar@handhelds.org are the relevant lists
for that (and the www.handhelds.org website.)  Note that the ipaq is a
USB *peripheral*, not a host; the usbnet modules work with it under
linux, though.

As for talking to *wince* (which I think was the original question),
all I know is that bootstrapping method for linux was to install a
wince ftpd, run ppp over the serial cradle (though there may be a USB
approach now) and then just ftp over the images.  Doesn't help you do
"application syncing", though.