Re: Photo management

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 11:41:52AM +0200, Bob van der Kamp wrote:
I don't have a good enough workflow with RAW to use many of them yet.
However I have enough memory card space and disk space that I'd rather
have the RAW just in case; if I never use it then I've lost nothing.

I've played with ufraw (particularly in the form of the Gimp plugin) but
never quite been happy with my results. Often I want something that
looks like the JPEG from the camera but I want to make a minor
adjustment eg fix some under/over-exposure in part of the frame. My best
results have been with the camera vendor's own RAW software (proprietary
and Windows-only, of course). Any suggestions here would be welcome.

Did you try Rawstudio ? It's gtk based so it goes well with gnome. You can just apt-get it.

http://rawstudio.org/

Thomas