Re: Intent to NMU ocsinventory-agent to fix longstanding l10n bugs

Hello Gregor,
On Sun, Jan 29, 2023 at 01:58:54AM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:33:58 +0100, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
>
> > I intend to NMU ocsinventory-agent around 2023-02-14 to fix a
> > longstanding l10n bug[1]. The changelog would be something like the following:
> >
> >  ocsinventory-agent (2:2.10.0-2.1) unstable; urgency=medium
> >  .
> >    * Non-maintainer upload.
> >    * Update debconf template translation
> >      - Spanish translation.
> >        Thanks to Camaleón (Closes: #960993)
> >
> > Please tell me if you are currently preparing a new release yourself
> > and would like me to skip the NMU.
>
> I'm a bit confused about the state of the Spanish translation:
> - There is #960993 still open, as you noticed;
> - On the the other hand, there is the update in the newer #1003642
>   which was included in 2:2.10.0-1
>
> My guess is that #960993 is not relevant anymore and should be
> closed, as it it was superceded by #1003642 which is already
> apllied/closed.
>
> But I might be missing something …

I compared the two, and they are almost identical, the latter seems to
be an improvement of the former. I've seen that with other
translations by Camaleón - instead of sending to the old bug report
(s)he seems to send improvements to new ones.

Thus closing the old report and of course then the NMU is irrelevant.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Greetings

          Helge