Re: Request for review etc of libmodule-install-substitute-perl

Le 27/11/2020 à 13:22, Andrew Ruthven a écrit :
> Hi Xavier,
>
> First off, thank for taking a look!
>
> On Fri, 2020-11-27 at 12:12 +0100, Xavier wrote:
>> your package is not ready:
>>
>>   Can't locate inc/Module/Installinc/Module/Install.pm in @INC (you
>> may
>> need to install
>>   the inc::Module::Install module) (@INC contains: ...) at
>> Makefile.PL
>>
>> you should patch it to require Module::Install, not
>> inc::Module::Install
>> in Makefile.PL:
>>
>>   $ git grep inc::Module::Install
>>   Makefile.PL:use inc::Module::Install;
>>   [...]
>
> I'm not convinced, when I did that just now I get:
>
> Please invoke Module::Install with:
>
> 	use inc::Module::Install;
>
> not:
>
> 	use Module::Install;
>

> None of the other libmodule-install-*-perl packages I sampled do that,
> however they do have a build-depends on libmodule-install-perl, so I
> have added that.
>
> Ahh, and it turned out I was missing some dependencies. Fixed now.
>
>> I pushed also some minor changes and enabled continuous integration,
>> then you'll receive mails for each wrong commit ;-)
>
> Thank you.
>
> I guess this means I'll get an email if my push just now didn't work.
> ;) And I did, but I was also watching the pipeline. Very handy!
>

> Cheers,
> Andrew

OK, it builds fine now. Please:
 * mention inc/Module/* in debian/copyright (see
https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/copyright.html#Module%3A%3AInstall)
 * add missing debian/upstream/metadata
 * fix spelling errors in POD docs (in a debian/patches/ file) and
   send patch to upstream:
   + substituations => substitutions
   + writen         => written
  (reported by lintian --info)

@gregoa:
 * build & autopkgtest OK
 * cme & duck OK
 * copyright OK after ^, but I don't find from where come "years"

Cheers,
Xavier