Re: Alioth → Salsa

-=| Dominic Hargreaves, 25.01.2018 21:22:00 +0000 |=-

> > > pkg-perl-team?
> > > perl-team?
> > > debian-perl-team?
> > > pkg-perl? (We'd need to ask for it)
> >
> > i'm inactive enough on this team that you should let other people's
> > preferences override mine.  But my understanding is that the expected
> > convention is perl-team, and i think that's good.  shorter == better.
>
> There's a bit of a conflict here because there is also the "perl" group
> on alioth which is separate from "pkg-perl". This is dedicated to
> maintenance of the interpreter, and should probably stay separate.
> But as long as this is coordinated I don't see a big problem.

Would there be any problem if we use the same team name?

This can fit in the sub-projects gregor writes about, perhaps with
renaming 'packages' to 'modules'.

*If* we choose to use one salsa team for both modules and the
interpreter, then the name naturally comes as 'perl-team', right?

> How about: perl-modules-team and perl-interpreter-team?

Here's another alternative: libperl-team (to match the package naming
scheme).

I have created a poll:
https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/pkg-perl_team_on_salsa/

Maybe it can help.