Re: Alioth → Salsa

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 19:28:44 +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:

> At yesterday's LHF meeting, we collected and sorted the status and
> open points for the migration of our repos and surrounding helpers
> from Alioth to Salsa.

I started to work on dpt-salsa today, a wrapper around GitLab::API::v4
to manage our future team repos and users on salsa. Looks quite easy,
and the first alpha release, just pushed, even works (without doing
anything interesting) :)

To continue the work, we need the group on salsa. So some questions
picked out from the brainstorming list:

>   * IRC notification (KGB)
>     - Tincho works on implementing webhook support in kgb-server.
>       + Status ?

(Unrelated, but dam and tincho are working on webhook support in
kgb-bot).

> * Migration to Salsa
>   * Team name
>     - we need a team
>       + name? '-team' will be appended

pkg-perl-team?
perl-team?
debian-perl-team?
pkg-perl? (We'd need to ask for it)

>   * Accounts
>     - we probably need subteams/namespaces
>       currently we have
>       + meta.git
>       + website.git
>       + scripts.git
>       + packages/
>         lib.*-perl.git
>       + attic/
>         lib.*-perl.git
>       + do we want to keep this structure? probably yes;
>         unless gitlab archiving (?) can replace attic/ ?

Keep the structure?

>     * project permissions? Is giving permission with the group on the namespace
>       enough?

Yes, but which permissions :)
If I understand https://salsa.debian.org/help/user/permissions
correctly, than the default should be Master (in order to edit
projects, configure hooks, etc.), and some Owners ...
(Or maybe not, I'm a bit confuse. But this can also be changed later.)

>      * repo management scripts:
>        - setup-repository/remove-repository/rename-repository (in meta.git)
>          probably have to be rewritten to work remotely with the gitlab API
>          + setup project
>          + permissions
>          + webhooks
>          + libgitlab-api-v4-perl is packaged
>          + we probably also need a "change repo properties later"
>            (like add/change hooks) script

That can hopefully go into dpt-salsa.

>       * packages to update:
>        - dh-make-perl (or maybe not much - Vcs-*: ?)
>        - pkg-perl-tools:
>          * dpt-alioth-repo - needs to use gitlab API
>          * dpt-alioth-author - probably obsolete
>          * dpt-packagecheck - only maintainer, Vcs-*: ?
>          * lintian checks - mostly docs
>          * dpt-get-ubuntu-packages - ssh's into alioth to connect to udd -> API
>          * dpt-takeover - repo creation (uses dpt-alioth-repo)

These can hopefully partially use dpt-salsa.

Anyway, we need the "group" on salsa, and for that a name, a
structure and eventually default permissions.

If someone has preferences/ideas/... please share them.
If someone wants to do it, please go ahead; otherwise I'll set up a
group in 1 or 2 days in order to make some progress.

 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at -- Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
 `. `'  Member VIBE!AT & SPI Inc. -- Supporter Free Software Foundation Europe
   `-   NP: Rolling Stones: Outlaws