Re: Proposal for Debian Perl Sprint 2017

Dominic Hargreaves:

> On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 05:32:30PM +0100, Alex Muntada wrote:
> > Thus, I'll propose to have the DSC around the May 20 weekend,
> > and it will most probably take place in the same venue as
> > last year's, Lloret de Mar (ES).

While talking to Tincho about the dates, he explained that the
May 25 is holidays on several countries in Europe, so it would
seem that picking the May 27 weekend would be better to improve
attendace. We need to confirm those dates with the venue before
making it official though.

> I'll reply here as I can't make the next IRC meeting. There was also
> talk about having the sprint here in the UK, but there were distinct
> advantages to Suncamp in terms of not having to arrange venues
> separately. I can't argue with the fact that the weather will be nicer
> than in the UK too...
>
> As it turns out, I won't be in a position to coordinate a UK event
> anyway as my availability for April and May is uncertain. Though I'd
> still like to come if I can.

Thank you very much for the feedback, Dominic. I hope you can
finally make it to the DSC.

Cheers,
Alex