Re: Proposal for Debian Perl Sprint 2017

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 05:32:30PM +0100, Alex Muntada wrote:
> During last LHF meeting we discussed a bit about the possibility
> of having this year's Debian Perl Sprint together with Debian
> Sun Camp (DSC). Since there weren't big concerns about that,
> I'd like to make if official and help DSC organizers pick the
> final dates and venue.
>
> Debian Perl Sprint took place the 3rd weekend of May in 2015 and
> 2016, and I think it's a good choice. Thus, I'll propose to have
> the DSC around the May 20 weekend, and it will most probably take
> place in the same venue as last year's, Lloret de Mar (ES).
>
> Please, let me know if any of you has any ideas or concerns that
> would like to share.

Hi Alex,

I'll reply here as I can't make the next IRC meeting. There was also
talk about having the sprint here in the UK, but there were distinct
advantages to Suncamp in terms of not having to arrange venues
separately. I can't argue with the fact that the weather will be nicer
than in the UK too...

As it turns out, I won't be in a position to coordinate a UK event
anyway as my availability for April and May is uncertain. Though I'd
still like to come if I can.

Cheers,
Dominic.