patch for git.html (was: Re: Packaging my first Debian module)

On Sat, 2015-06-06 at 15:11 +0200, Alex Muntada wrote:
> You should start with:
> - http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html

Op Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 10:04:45AM +0100 schreef Andrew Beverley:
> On Sat, 2015-06-06 at 21:56 +0200, Alex Muntada wrote:
> > On Sat, 2015-06-06 at 21:30 +0200, Alex Muntada wrote:
> > > I did find the git page, but didn't realise that is the main page if you
> > > simply want to start packaging a new module (I think?). I assumed that
> > > it was a more general guide around using git with packaging.
> >
> > Since all the team's packages are now in git repos, the git page is very
> > important but I guess the name is misleading.
>
> If that's the case, then I think you should drop all references to "git"
> and just call it the "how to package perl modules" page. That would make
> it much clearer.

Perhaps:

 s/Debian Perl Group Git Guide/Debian Perl Group Packaging and Git Guide/

and replace

 It covers how to upload an initial package, how to update packages, how to
 build them, how to upgrade them, and how to get the source for all packages
 with mr(1).

with

 It covers the pkg-perl way to initialy create a Debian package from a Perl
 module, upload such an initial package, how to update packages, how to build them,
 how to upgrade them, and how to get the source for all packages with mr(1).

?

Bye,

Joost

--