Prospective Debian Perl Sprint in Barcelona

A few Debian events have emerged since we last talked about having a
Debian Perl sprint in Barcelona, so I made a calendar:

Mar  7  8
    14 15
    21 22
    28 29 - Easter
Apr  4  5 - Easter
    11 12 - MiniDebConf in Lyon
    18 19 - BSP in Salzburg
    25 26 - (unavailable)
May  2  3 - *Worker's Day*
     9 10 - (unavailable)
    16 17 - MiniDebConf DebianWomen in Bucharest
    23 24
    30 31 - (unavailable)

Those are the weekends from March to May, which are candidates for the
sprint and some notes:
  * my university (UPC) will be closed on Easter,
  * there are some Debian events scheduled,
  * the first weekend of May we could start on Fri and have a 3-day sprint,
  * and I already have some commitments on April and May.

Do you feel it still makes sense to have a sprint in Barcelona having
several Debian events on the months ahead? In case it does, I guess
the sooner the better and we should reach an agreement on which of the
first 3 weekends of March would work better for you (it really doesn't
make a difference for me), unless you'd like to have a 3-day sprint in
May.

The venue would be in the Computer Arquitecture Department at UPC North Campus:
  * http://www.ac.upc.edu/en/location

Maybe it would be cool to find a venue near the city centre but I'm
afraid that would mean more work for me to coordinate venue logistics
with a third party. It will be easier to do in my department at UPC,
where I already have full access to rooms and equipment and there's a
really fast network.

Regarding the accomodation, there's the option to book a room just a
few minutes from the venue, but it's far from the city centre:
  * http://www.resa.es/eng/Residences/Torre-Girona/daily-accommodation/(reservas)/Diario/(sec)/full

They have also accomodation for groups of 10 people or more, but it
seems too much burden (30% in advance, credit card numbers before
arrival, etc.):
  * http://www.resa.es/eng/Residences/Torre-Girona/Group-accommodation/(reservas)/Grupos/(sec)/full
  * http://www.resa.es/eng/Bookings/Group-accommodation/Formulario-grupos

Let me know how you feel about this idea and which weekend would work
better for you. Please, don't hesitate to raise any concern, either
publicly or in private. FWIW, I'll be in Brussels next weekend ;-)

Thanks,
Alex