Re: Prospective Debian Perl Sprint in Barcelona

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 16:13:09 +0100, Alex Muntada wrote:

> A few Debian events have emerged since we last talked about having a
> Debian Perl sprint in Barcelona,

Yay, thanks for pushing the sprint idea!

> so I made a calendar:

I agree with Axel that some structured form for entering our
availability is probably useful..

> Do you feel it still makes sense to have a sprint in Barcelona having
> several Debian events on the months ahead?

I do.
I think we have enough pkg-perl specific work; additionally to Axel's
links, there's also
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/OpenTasks

> In case it does, I guess
> the sooner the better and we should reach an agreement on which of the
> first 3 weekends of March would work better for you (it really doesn't
> make a difference for me), unless you'd like to have a 3-day sprint in
> May.

If we do it in March, (how soon) can we start on Friday to get almost
3 days?

> The venue would be in the Computer Arquitecture Department at UPC North Campus:
>   * http://www.ac.upc.edu/en/location
> Maybe it would be cool to find a venue near the city centre but I'm
> afraid that would mean more work for me to coordinate venue logistics
> with a third party. It will be easier to do in my department at UPC,
> where I already have full access to rooms and equipment and there's a
> really fast network.

Makes perfect sense.

> Regarding the accomodation, there's the option to book a room just a
> few minutes from the venue, but it's far from the city centre:
>   * http://www.resa.es/eng/Residences/Torre-Girona/daily-accommodation/(reservas)/Diario/(sec)/full

Ok.

> They have also accomodation for groups of 10 people or more, but it
> seems too much burden (30% in advance, credit card numbers before
> arrival, etc.):
>   * http://www.resa.es/eng/Residences/Torre-Girona/Group-accommodation/(reservas)/Grupos/(sec)/full
>   * http://www.resa.es/eng/Bookings/Group-accommodation/Formulario-grupos

I'm a bit skeptical about the "more than 10 people" ...

> Let me know how you feel about this idea and which weekend would work
> better for you. Please, don't hesitate to raise any concern, either
> publicly or in private. FWIW, I'll be in Brussels next weekend ;-)

Excellent \o/

   `-   NP: Michael Penn: Out Of Its Misery