Re: Prospective Debian Perl Sprint in Barcelona

-=| Alex Muntada, 26.01.2015 16:13:09 +0100 |=-
> A few Debian events have emerged since we last talked about having a
> Debian Perl sprint in Barcelona, so I made a calendar:

\o/ Thanks!

> Mar  7  8
>     14 15
>     21 22
>     28 29 - Easter
> Apr  4  5 - Easter
>     11 12 - MiniDebConf in Lyon
>     18 19 - BSP in Salzburg
>     25 26 - (unavailable)
> May  2  3 - *Worker's Day*
>      9 10 - (unavailable)
>     16 17 - MiniDebConf DebianWomen in Bucharest
>     23 24
>     30 31 - (unavailable)
>
> Those are the weekends from March to May, which are candidates for the
> sprint and some notes:
>   * my university (UPC) will be closed on Easter,
>   * there are some Debian events scheduled,
>   * the first weekend of May we could start on Fri and have a 3-day sprint,
>   * and I already have some commitments on April and May.
>
> Do you feel it still makes sense to have a sprint in Barcelona having
> several Debian events on the months ahead?

Let's see if we have conflicts. I guess not everyone goes to all the
events, so it may happen that we are just fine.

> In case it does, I guess
> the sooner the better and we should reach an agreement on which of
> the first 3 weekends of March would work better for you (it really
> doesn't make a difference for me), unless you'd like to have a 3-day
> sprint in > May.

Agreed. I have created a doodle poll at [1] with all of the above
weekends (with easter excluded as UPC is not available then). (Thanks
Axel!)

[1] https://dudle.inf.tu-dresden.de/pkg-perl_sprint_in_Barcelona/

> The venue would be in the Computer Arquitecture Department at UPC North Campus:
>   * http://www.ac.upc.edu/en/location
>
> Maybe it would be cool to find a venue near the city centre but I'm
> afraid that would mean more work for me to coordinate venue logistics
> with a third party. It will be easier to do in my department at UPC,
> where I already have full access to rooms and equipment and there's a
> really fast network.

Makes perfect sense.

> Regarding the accomodation, there's the option to book a room just a
> few minutes from the venue, but it's far from the city centre:
>   * http://www.resa.es/eng/Residences/Torre-Girona/daily-accommodation/(reservas)/Diario/(sec)/full

Separating work from pleasure can be a good thing :)

> They have also accomodation for groups of 10 people or more, but it
> seems too much burden (30% in advance, credit card numbers before
> arrival, etc.):
>   * http://www.resa.es/eng/Residences/Torre-Girona/Group-accommodation/(reservas)/Grupos/(sec)/full
>   * http://www.resa.es/eng/Bookings/Group-accommodation/Formulario-grupos

Can we use the special offer for UPC visitors? Do we need a special
proof that we come for UPC business?

Cheers,
    dam