Re: First pkg-perl package with DEP-8 test suite

-=| Axel Beckert, 01.06.2014 23:45:05 +0200 |=-
> gregor herrmann wrote:
> > I still think that it would be nice to have a standard set of
> > tests
> > in a separate package instead of spelling them out in each individual
> > package. Cf. the thread starting at
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2013/12/msg00064.html
>
> Definitely. And the tests I wrote are generic enough to be a base for
> such tests, at least for some subset of our packages. (The adequate
> test is definitely generic enough to be suited for nearly any package.
> See the discussion about some potential caveats in
> https://bugs.debian.org/743198)
>
> I think the XS-Testsuite header is the key there. If we don't specify
> "autopkgtest" there, but let's say "pkg-perl-test-prove-without-lib".
> And potential package could contain the test suite for all pkg-perl
> packages which don't use "use lib" in their test-suite and can be run
> with "prove".

What's the problem with 'use lib'? If it is tainting the test
environment, that's easy to fix. Copy t/ in to a temporary directory,
chdir there and run prove -v. Wouldn't that work regardless of 'use
lib'?

-- dam