Re: First pkg-perl package with DEP-8 test suite

Quoting Charles Plessy (2014-06-02 05:18:03)
> Le Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 01:51:55AM +0200, Axel Beckert a écrit :
> > Charles Plessy wrote:
> > >
> > > Very small nitpick: the XS- prefix is not needed anymore since
> > > dpkg 1.17.6.
> >
> > Thanks for that hint, did not know that and lintian argued about the
> > missing XS-Testsuite header.
> >
> > Do I need to declare a build-dependency on at least that dpkg-dev
> > version if I want to use "Testsuite:" instead of "XS-Testsuite"?
>
> Given that packages are built on Sid, I would answer that there is no
> need for a versionned build dependency on dpkg-dev.  Since there is no
> Wheezy backport for dpkg, the versionned build dependency would not
> help for backports anyway.

Please compose versioning of dependencies based only on availability in
stable and oldstable, not availability in backports.debian.org: The
composition of that backporting suite can change at any time (by the
very design of its rules), and our users may mix packages differently
than by use of that particular backporting suite.

 - Jonas