Re: Self introduction and RFS

On Wed, 07 May 2014 10:34:57 +0200, Lubomir Rintel wrote:

> On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 08:56 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> > On Tue, 06 May 2014 20:26:14 -0500, Michael Shuler wrote:
> > > Get yourself set up with a login to alioth and send your username back here
> > > to the list for one of the admins to get you set up.
> > This has already happened yesterday:
> > https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2014/05/msg00006.html
> > :)
> A race condition. I noticed that the message made it to the list and
> after I sent another one. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries :)

> > Lubo, could you please push your packaging into our git repos -- cf.
> > http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html and check with
> > http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/policy.html ?
> I'm not sure how do I authenticate there -- my login on Alioth is
> "lkundrak-guest" (I'm not sure why there had to be the -guest suffix, I
> recall registering it for some other purpose; maybe a contribution to
> ssleay perl bindings or something).

The -guest suffix is forced on accounts of non-DDs in order to avoid
duplicates (DDs have an alioth account with their Debian username
automatically).

> Yesterday I added my public key
> there, but when I use try to log in as lkundrak-guest@git.debian.org, it
> gets rejected.

Hm, strange, you should be able to login with ssh.
Maybe
https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/SSH#I.27m_unable_to_Connect_via_SSH.2C_...
helps?

Or there might be a problem with alioth; `getent passwd
lkundrak-guest' on moszumanska.d.o doesn't return anything ...

Weird; https://alioth.debian.org/users/lkundrak-guest exists and
looks good.

I suggest to ask the Alioth admins on IRC (#alioth on OFTC), if the
above mentioned wiki page doesn't give any ideas.

> Also, does "your packaging" refer to the new package, or my fixes to
> libscrappy-perl as well?

Actually both.

> Are there any policies (I haven't read through
> all materials I was pointed to yet) or customs about pushing to packages
> of other people? Or are pull requests from clones or something like that
> preferred?

Not sure if this is written down anywhere but our long-standing
custom is that every group member works on each package they want to
work on -- after all that's the strength of team work.

   `-   NP: Die Tontauben: marry me