Re: Self introduction and RFS

On Wed, 2014-05-07 at 08:56 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Tue, 06 May 2014 20:26:14 -0500, Michael Shuler wrote:
>
> > >my name is Lubo. I'd like to join the Debian Perl group.
> >
> > If you have not already found it, the debian perl group keeps most info on
> > getting started at http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/
> >
> > Get yourself set up with a login to alioth and send your username back here
> > to the list for one of the admins to get you set up.
>
> This has already happened yesterday:
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-perl/2014/05/msg00006.html
> :)

A race condition. I noticed that the message made it to the list and
after I sent another one. Sorry for the confusion.

> Lubo, could you please push your packaging into our git repos -- cf.
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html and check with
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/policy.html ?

I'm not sure how do I authenticate there -- my login on Alioth is
"lkundrak-guest" (I'm not sure why there had to be the -guest suffix, I
recall registering it for some other purpose; maybe a contribution to
ssleay perl bindings or something). Yesterday I added my public key
there, but when I use try to log in as lkundrak-guest@git.debian.org, it
gets rejected.

Also, does "your packaging" refer to the new package, or my fixes to
libscrappy-perl as well? Are there any policies (I haven't read through
all materials I was pointed to yet) or customs about pushing to packages
of other people? Or are pull requests from clones or something like that
preferred?

Thank you,
Lubo