Re: Request to Join Project Debian Perl Group from Lubomir Rintel (lkundrak-guest)

On Tue, 06 May 2014 09:28:00 +0000, noreply@alioth.debian.org wrote:

> Lubomir Rintel (lkundrak-guest) has requested to join your project.

> I'd like to join the Debian Perl module maintainers group and use the group's repositories to host packages.
> I intend to add libscrappy-perl and libdatabase-dumptruck-perl for
> use in Morph (http://morph.io) web scraping platform (it uses
> docker images based on Debian and I figured adding the packages to
> Debian instead of pulling them off CPAN or Git would a good idea).

Sounds good :)

I've just added you to the pkg-perl project on Alioth.

Please note that there's already an ITP bug for libscrappy-perl:
https://bugs.debian.org/717907
And it's already in git, but there are some problems noted in its
debian/changelog file. Please coordinate your work with Onur.

> I'm a long-time packager and packager sponsor in Fedora project,
> but it there are some considerable differencies between the way
> things are done in Fedora and Debian both in processes and
> technical details, so I'm currently just getting familiar with
> Debian.

For the perl specific parts in Debian,
https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianPerlGroup/Welcome and the
documents linked from there are a good start. Especially our group
policy and the git documentation are important.

Don't hesitate to ask anything here on the list or (again :)) on IRC.

Welcome aboard!

   `-   NP: Neil Young: There's A World