Re: Introduction

Well, I think I've made some progress.

I added --pkg-perl and now I have the .git subdirectory.
I edited the debian/copyright file to only show the appropriate
license (Perl Artistic). Then committed the change to git.

And I didn't have any .dsc files, so I did

$ git-import-orig --pristine-tar ../libnet-iptrie-perl_0.7.orig.tar.gz
What is the upstream version? [0.7] 0.7.1
gbp:info: Importing '../libnet-iptrie-perl_0.7.orig.tar.gz' to branch
'upstream'...
gbp:info: Source package is libnet-iptrie-perl
gbp:info: Upstream version is 0.7.1
pristine-tar: committed libnet-iptrie-perl_0.7.1.orig.tar.gz.delta to
branch pristine-tar
gbp:info: Merging to 'master'
Already up-to-date!
Merge made by recursive.
gbp:info: Successfully imported version 0.7.1 of
../libnet-iptrie-perl_0.7.orig.tar.gz

I had to do 0.7.1 because before it complained that 0.7 already
existed. I assumed that since I changed the copyright file, I needed
to update the version. Is that OK?

Also, what would be the next step after this?

Thanks in advance,

cv

- --
cv