Re: Introduction

On Thursday 09 February 2012 16:35:09 Carlos Vicente wrote:
> # dh-make-perl --cpan Net::IPTrie --vcs git
>
> and I'm getting:
>
> Copyright information incomplete!
> [...]

That's most often the case.  dh-make-perl tries to guess the licenses
by parsing code comments...

> So, how does one fix that?

If you don't want to learn debian/copyright syntax (which is perfectly
reasonable), you should run 'config-edit -appli dpkg'
(from libconfig-model-perl) and edit the copyright fields.

the command license-check --copyright will give you some hints on how to
fill the license data. In case of soubt, you'll have to look for license
data in the code.

See the 2nd section of [1]

> Also, the doc says that "--vcs git" should create a git repository,
> etc. but I don't see any evidence of that being true.

Hmm, I think you forgot the --pkg-perl option. That may explain this behavior.

HTH

Dominique

[1] http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/config-model/index.php?title=Using_Config-Model
--