Re: Introduction

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 11:40:00 -0500, Carlos Vicente wrote:

> And I didn't have any .dsc files,

You have to build the (source) package from the files git repo in
order to get a (source) package :)

> $ git-import-orig --pristine-tar ../libnet-iptrie-perl_0.7.orig.tar.gz
> What is the upstream version? [0.7] 0.7.1

> I had to do 0.7.1 because before it complained that 0.7 already
> existed.

Sure, dh-make-perl had already created the upstream/0.7 tag.

> I assumed that since I changed the copyright file, I needed
> to update the version. Is that OK?

No, changing the upstream version is not correct.
(And there's also no point in importing the upstream tarball a second
time into the git repo.)

> Also, what would be the next step after this?

Fix everything else that dh-make-perl might have missed,
build the package, push the repo to alioth ...

(Details here or on IRC when you are at the individual steps).

   `-   NP: Peter Ratzenbeck: Unterwegs