Re: Nama - merging an upstream version with git

Le Monday 8 August 2011 10:33:49, Joel Roth a écrit :
> To be able to use ssh, I ended up just wiping out
> my ~/.ssh/known_hosts file. (Couldn't figure out
> how to replace outdated keys.)

This is a bit brutal. You could just remove the problematic line and let ssh
fill the gap with the new host key.

> Once again, I'm finding that I'm getting weird results
> due to quilt patches being left in an applied state
> after building.

You can use unapply-patches in debian/source/local-options to have patches
unapplied after build. See dpkg-source(1) for details.

> Also, I have some confusing stuff in an auto-created
> patch debian-changes-1.076.

If upstream's build process changes the source, you will have this problem.
One option is to instruct dpkg-source to skip the modified file with
debian/source/options. Here's what I use in rakudo:

extend-diff-ignore="config\.status"

See dpkg-source(1) for details (or [1] )

HTH

Dominique

[1] http://tinyurl.com/3qvd57w

--