Re: Copyright License Proposal

Ingy döt Net =~ /Brian Ingerson prior to 2005/

On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 2:35 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
On 11-06-07 at 01:14am, Ingy dot Net wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 12:07 AM, Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk> wrote:
> > You declare your distributed tarballs as "copyright Ingy" when in
> > fact some parts of the tarball are "Copyright authors of
> > Module::Install".
> >
> > I suspect you did not write the code below the inc/ subdir, right?
> >

> Funny you should ask. Much of it, yes. I am the original creator of
> Module::Install. But that doesn't matter in principle. It might only
> matter in that I can help change the policy such that using
> Module::Install does not impose any copyright complications on its
> users. How do I make that so for Debian?

Ohh, I didn't know. :-D

Pretty sure you are not listed as copyright holder for Module::Install,
though - as really (like Daniel Kahn pointed out) those is our main
concern and I double-checked them few weeks back when one of the RDF
modules by[1] Toby Inkster got rejected by Debian ftpmasters.

Kind regards,

 - Jonas

[1]: or _mainly_ by Toby Inkster, which is what we are discussing here
;-)

 * Tlf.: +45 40843136  Website: http://dr.jones.dk/

 [x] quote me freely  [ ] ask before reusing  [ ] keep private