Re: Copyright License Proposal

Le Monday 6 June 2011 10:13:25, Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :
> >    - Multiple licenses in a single distribution is not a reality in
> >    CPAN world. At least not a reality worth making a big deal about in
> >    this context.
>
> Do you mean to claim that they do not exist or that it is too uncommon
> to bother for your work?
>
> RDF::ACL is a concrete example:
>
> META.yml contains this:
>
>   license: perl
>
> I added this (and more) to debian/copyright:
>
> Files: *
> Copyright: 2010-2011, Toby Inkster <tobyink@cpan.org>
> License: Artistic or GPL-1+
[snip]

I think there's a confusion in your discussion between copyright and licences.

Jonas, in the example you gave, the licence of all files are indeed perl like
(i.e. Artistic or GPL-1+). But you gave much more details about the copyright
owner.

Ingy, IFAIK, there's not much details in meta.yml about copyrights. Only
licenses are specified. If I'm right, could this be fixed in CPAN world ?

HTH

Dominique
--
http://config-model.wiki.sourceforge.net/ -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/