Re: Moose v2.0000 upgrade

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 11:27:29PM +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:

> > > Please note that there are no versioned Provides, so maybe providing
> > > libclass-mop-perl is not so helpful.
> > We'll at least avoid dependency breakage. Since libmoose-perl is going to
> > Conflicts: libclass-mop-perl (they install the same files)
>
> More like Breaks+Replaces, ...

Indeed.

> > if e.g.
> > libfoo-perl depends on both libmoose-perl and libclass-mop-perl, when moose
> > will be upgraded (and consequently, libclass-mop-perl removed) libfoo-perl
> > will remain with unsatisfied dependencies... the same applies if e.g.
> > libfoo-perl depends on libmoose-perl and libbar-perl depends on
> > libclass-mop-perl. On the contrary if libmoose-perl Provides:
> > libclass-mop-perl AFAIK there shouldn't be such problems.
>
> Yes, but only if the dependency on libclass-mop-perl is unversioned.
>

> I see the following options:
> * Ship Class::MOP in libmoose-perl, drop libclass-mop-perl, add a
>   Breaks+Replaces;
>   plus: file bugs against packages (build) dependening on
>   libclass-mop-perl in advance, fix those within the group to use
>   libmoose-perl (>= 2) | libclass-mop-perl
>   raise the bug severity of the others to serious, do NMUs if
>   necessary.
>   (That was the way we did for libwww-perl. The "cleanest" solution
>   but might require more work.)

Seems the best solution to me. There are not a lot of packages that depend
on libclass-mop-perl (and all of them seem to be maintained by us), so it
won't be an hard hard task. I'll make a list of those packages (plus another
one of the packages that will be breaked by the moose upgrade) soon.

Cheers

--
perl -E'$_=q;$/= @{[@_]};and s;\S+;<inidehG ordnasselA>;eg;say~~reverse'