Re: libcgi-psgi-perl and libhtml-mason-psgihandler-perl

On Sun, Jan 02, 2011 at 12:10:40AM +0100, gregor herrmann wrote:
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2011 12:12:42 -0800, Ivan Kohler wrote:
>
> > > libcgi-psgi-perl and libhtml-mason-psgihandler-perl look a bit weird
> > > on http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/pet.cgi ; is it possible
> > > that you've uploaded them but haven't committed the last changes (and
> > > haven't tagged the package) in svn?
> > It doesn't look like I uploaded them (I see no .upload files in my
> > build-area), but I'm sure I could have messed up something, I'm years
> > late to the pkg-perl party.  It doesn't look like I have any uncommited
> > changes either?  ("svn diff" shows none)
>
> Oh ...
>
> > There's packages in the NEW queue from Dominic Hargreaves, perhaps
> > that's what's causing the packages to show up oddly in PET?
>
> ... that explains!
>
> Sorry for not having checked, it didn't come to my mind that person A
> works in svn und person B uploads the same packages from somewhere
> else :)
>
> > Looks like
> > I neglected to file an ITP when I checked things into svn; my apologies.
>
> No harm done so far.
>
> For the future the two of you maybe should decide how/where/... these
> packages are maintained (and then either svn could be updated to the
> "real" packages or the "fake" packages removed from there).

I wasn't planning to maintain the packages as part of the Perl team;
the repos for the packages in NEW are:

http://git.debian.org/?p=users/dom/libcgi-psgi-perl.git
http://git.debian.org/?p=users/dom/libhtml-mason-psgihandler-perl.git

but if you want them as Perl team packages I won't object to uploads
superceding them being done.

Ivan, I don't suppose you are by any chance looking at RT4 (which
needs these packages)? If so have you seen my work so far at

http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-request-tracker/packages/request-tracker4.0/trunk/#_packages_request-tracker4.0_trunk_

?

I plan to upload to experimental soonish, once they're in a testable
state.

Cheers,
Dominic.