Re: [rt.cpan.org #58445] overzealous usage of configure_requires considered harmful

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Guy Hulbert <gwhulbert@eol.ca> wrote:
> For personal use, I would build from the 'master' branch in the git repo
> but David Golden (the author, CCd) might not want that published.  I'll
> try to find some tuits for this.

I would not encourage publishing directly out of the master branch of
the repository, since "master" is really an "unstable" branch.  The
published tarballs are the canonical source, but I have no objections
to someone publishing from the repository release tags.

As I said way earlier in the thread, I'm happy to add things to the
repository (or release tarballs) that make things easier for people on
Debian to build their own packages, but I don't want to do anything
that makes more work for the official Debian package maintainers.

(For the record, I am not the original author -- merely the latest of
several co-maintainers).

-- David