Re: A short guide for using Git with pkg-perl available

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 21:35:19 +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:

> Yep, all of your points are good and taken in good faith.  Still, IMHO
> a svn->git migration is in the not-quite-so-far future, at least for
> some packages[0],

I'm hearing this since ~ summer 2008 :)

> [0] ...and no, I'm not an advocate of change just for the sake of
> change, it's just that IMHO there are quite a few people who think that
> Git provides, let's say, a bit more flexibility than Subversion :)

Right, and they[tm] are promising to prepare a plan for the migration
and the management of ~ 1700 repositories plus PET support since then
:)

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Dido: Thank You (Live acoustic)