Re: A short guide for using Git with pkg-perl available

On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 14:55:38 +0200, Peter Pentchev wrote:

> You do mention that in the interest of preserving history, git-import-dsc
> may be used more than once with all the .dsc files available, and that's
> indeed one of its great features.  What I wonder is, is there a way to
> use git-svn and "git svn clone" in particular to preserve *all* of
> a package's Subversion history, while still keeping the git-import-dsc
> style of branching and stuff?

Usual disclaimer: /me = git n00b

There seem to be some tutorials around for this purpose, one I found
today is http://wiki.debian.org/Games/VCS/git/converting-from-svn
(usual disclaimer ...)

 .''`.   http://info.comodo.priv.at/ -- GPG key IDs: 0x8649AA06, 0x00F3CFE4
   `-    NP: Rod Stewart: I Don't Want To Talk About It