Re: A short guide for using Git with pkg-perl available

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 09:30:07AM +0200, Damyan Ivanov wrote:
> Hi team,
>
> I have just committed the initial variant of a guide for using Git
> withing the team.
>
> http://pkg-perl.alioth.debian.org/git.html

Thanks for writing this!  I *really* need to learn a bit more about
gbp one of those days :)  (yep, just "git import-dsc" and then working
in the Git repository by hand is just fine for me so far, but gbp sounds
like a tool that might simplify some tasks)

> If you have comments or corrections, feel free to state them here, on
> IRC or in the commit messages :)
>
> I need help with one particular feature - mr(1). If you have
> experience using mr, please share it.

I actually had a question some time ago, but then decided that it wasn't
really of general interest to the group and might be a bit of a bell or
whistle that serves one specific need and one only :)

You do mention that in the interest of preserving history, git-import-dsc
may be used more than once with all the .dsc files available, and that's
indeed one of its great features.  What I wonder is, is there a way to
use git-svn and "git svn clone" in particular to preserve *all* of
a package's Subversion history, while still keeping the git-import-dsc
style of branching and stuff?

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@space.bg    roam@ringlet.net    roam@FreeBSD.org
I've heard that this sentence is a rumor.