Re: Hoping to be of use (as well as getting my packages uploaded....)

-=| Nicholas Bamber, Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 06:53:05PM +0100 |=-
> ... To the unwise novice this all looks like Debian  is just
> putting obstacles in his path - that as soon as he reaches one
> summit,  the clouds part and he realizes he must climb one more.
> However it is  not thus. Rather the obstacles are there to prove
> that the novice is  worthy - because many set out on the path and
> return disappointed, the  obstacles serve to separate the determined
> from the less so.

We're not that cruel :)

> Not complaining. ;-) Just putting into svn will have to wait until
> tommorrow.

The requirement to put things in SVN is there because we are a group
and we need a central place to work together. SVN is that place for
us. Mind you, we take care for over 1600 packages. Without a central
code repository we'd be insane since quite some time :)

That said, different sponsors indeed have different requirements. Or
to say it differently, they emphasise on different sides of packaging
practices. Even if some of the requirements are a matter of style or
preference, be prepared to defend your choices :)

Awaiting for your contributions,
    dam