Re: [rt.cpan.org #58445] overzealous usage of configure_requires considered harmful

On Fri, 2010-18-06 at 20:48 +0200, gregor herrmann wrote:
> If I needed a newer version in lenny I'd probably try to install the
> version from testing or unstable or to backport the relevant packages
> from there before building a new package from scratch.
>
> (You probably run into problems with some prerequisites that need
> newer versions, but that's not different than when creating a package
> from scratch or using a newer version from CPAN.)

You can download the very latest M::B from github and use 'cpan' to find
the pre-requisites.  I did this today and it took maybe 10 minutes.
There are only 6 pre-requisites and the latest versions all build
cleanly on etch.

I just tried dh-make-perl on YAML-Tiny-1.41 and it seems to work.

If anyone's interested I'll see if I can complete the process.

--
--gh