Re: Format-Specification in dh-make-perl

Hi Daniel

sorry for the late answer (just back from vacation)

On Thu, Oct 22, 2009 at 01:25:18PM -0400, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On 10/22/2009 12:24 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> > Make sure to verify if that newer revision of policy is then followed.
>
> Yeah, it looks like it is compatible.  The current revision (59) is
> pretty simple stuff, and we generate pretty simple stuff.  this is good!
>
> I've committed the change to the versioned URL.

Many thanks for makeing the change!

> One final thought, as i'm looking at this stuff: i'm not sure why we
> want the X-Comment: sub-sections per license, instead of just including
> the location of the license in the body directly?  Is this recommended
> somewhere?

No it's not recomended anywhere. Here my thought about it: the
License-Section contains the License-Text. The "Comment" is not part
of the License, but points where the license-text can be found. Thus I
moved this part into the "extra field" part (see section in DEP5
"extra fields").

Many thanks Daniel,
Bests
Salvatore