Re: please advice package names for padre plugins

Another thing to mention is that all of this might be masked by
something that would ask what plugins you'd like to install (having
set them as Recommends or Suggests) for padre itself. So I'm not sure
what the naming *really* matters in practice.

On the other hand I think that (as I mentioned earlier, and I'm no
expert here of course, and definitely as a DD, Don has a fair amount
of experience here) -- padre is named thus instead of libpadre-perl,
as it would have been if we strictly followed the policy.

My justification for preferring "padre-plugin-" etc is simply that you
can (in general) take a program, and suffix something to the end of
that, and know that they are related, that they are useful features
that enhance it.

So, if padre-plugin is wrong, then I submit that also padre itself is
wrong. It should be libpadre-perl.  But it's not really a library, so
that doesn't make sense either.

As padre is a full application, it has been packaged simply as
'padre'. So I think the most predictable place to find things would be
under 'padre' itself, rather than libpadre, no matter what the Debian
Perl policy currently is.

However, Don does raise a very valid point -- this is the current
policy. If we have something wrong with it, then rather than directly
breaking policy (or after having done so), we need to strongly
recommend a fix to the policy itself, so that others don't have this
sort of drawn out argument.

Cheers,

Jonathan